So with everything that’s going on at the moment I have been feeling more anxious. My routine for the week has changed and I’ve been finding that a bit challenging at times.
Recently I spoke on the phone to my care coordinator and we were discussing how I could create a new routine that I felt I could understand and build myself some structure as things are so unknown. Which can lead to me feeling like I don’t know where I’m coming or going.
I have also been working on creating a new routine I feel happy and comfortable with the help from my support worker. My support worker often reminds me that it doesn’t matter how big or small the things you are achieving are. As well as this she regularly reminds me that it’s all about the sense of achievement I get from doing something and not what others think. I am also trying not to be too judgemental on myself and be kinder to myself as I know I can be a bit to hard on myself at times.
Let’s get started
So to get started on setting out your day visually all you need is a notebook and a pen. I love to make mine colourful so you could use felt tips or gel pens. Or you could do this on a whiteboard and use a whiteboard marker and have this placed somewhere in your room so you can see it everyday when you wake up. Your day could look like this.
How to plan the day
1. First write the date at the top of the page or whiteboard.
2. Now list out the music, TV programme and exercised our want to do for the day.
MUSIC: My happy playlist on Spotify
EXERCISE: Walking the dog
TV PPROGRAMME: Sex Education
3. Next write down 3 things your grateful for, it can be anything!
4. Next you need to write down your MUST do list. This is different from your to do list as these are tasks you must do that day. For example clean the fish tank or send your friend a Happy Birthday message.
5. Now it’s time to think about how you want to feel for the day. For example I wanted to be calm, relaxed and happy on Sunday.
6. Now let’s write down 5 people your sending positivity thoughts and energy to for the day. It can be anyone!
7,. Lastly it’s time to write your to-do list. I like write down 5 things I need to do in the order of importance. Any tasks left to do that day I will add it to my To Do List for tomorrow.
I hope this helps you or gives you some ideas. I would love to know how your adjusting with everything right now. So please comment in the below!