Recently I have been baking scones and I thought I would share with you my favourite really easy, simple and quick scones recipe.
Makes 12-15. Oven Temperature 200C or 180 Fan.
85g Unsalted Butter
350g Self-raising Flour
1 and a half tsp Baking Powder
2 tbsp Caster Sugar
200ml warm full fat milk
1 tsp Fresh lemon juice
Jam of your choice
1. Dice and rub the unsalted butter into the 350g self raising flour.
2. Stir in the salt, baking powder and the 2 tbsp of caster sugar.
3. Use a knife to stir in the milk and the lemon juice. Don’t over mix just combine ingredients.
4. Turn onto lightly floured surface and mix together lightly.
5. Pat down to 2cm thickness. Cut out 5cm rounds using a glass or cookie cutter.
6. Brush with milk or dust with flour.
7. Bake on a lined baking tray for 10-15 minutes until risen and golden.
8. Wait to cool, then serve with clotted cream and a jam of your choice.